What to expect
Enjoy a hike and walk to Seal Island on Foot and while walking along the shore learn about the marine life that through the generations have sustained our forefathers. The experience continues with you meeting other people in our community sharing stories about our culture and heritage and taste locally produced seafood tasters, craft beer, and gin.
Living in a traditional fishing community beyond the Hout Bay harbour, it goes without saying that by learning about the way of life using the ocean as a food resource you will get to taste the foods these people grew up with. This seaside village on the Atlantic Coast of Cape Town is steeped in a diverse heritage and you will see why so many tend to make it home alongside this community with some families having been here for more than 100 years.
• Meet at the canons at Bay Harbour Market/Fish on The Rocks as the starting point for the tour to start at 8am
• Get to learn about the harbour community and their heritage of traditional fishing
• The walk continues into the mountain below Sentinel Peak with amazing views across the community, harbour and bay across to the popular Chapmans Peak drive
• You continue till down to the beach across from the popular Duiker Island for the local seal island boat trips
• On the beach you will be informed of the types of seafood that is found here with an opportunity to get to taste of it with some locally produced beverages when going back into the community to end off the tour.
• Continue the tour with a hike back up Sentinel Peak and take in the fresh air and amazing views and back into the community and opportunity for the food and beverage tasters, meeting other community member and then you are free to explore and Discover Hout Bay further
Meet your hosts
Brent Thomas and his family have carried on some of their traditional way of life by living off and in nature. As a family they have regular walks in the mountain and on the beach and within season and with their permits they would forage and collect what they need as part of their lifestyle. Passed on through the generations of the indigenous people as their forefathers, you get to have a taste and live a bit in the past.
Images : The Secret Adventurer
Embark on an unforgettable journey with Rani’s Travel & Tours, your trusted companion for exploring the captivating landscapes and vibrant culture of Cape Town and beyond. Whether you seek the thrill of exploring the region’s diverse landscapes, convenient airport and hotel transfers, or a meticulously crafted vacation itinerary, Rani’s Travel & Tours is committed to providing its customers with a personalised and unforgettable experience.
Get the ultimate Cape experience with a touch of class. It starts on the lush slopes of Constantia Valley where fine dining and wining combine with a distinctly Cape flavour. Your taste buds are in for a treat on the route from historic Stellenbosch to the Hemel en Aarde wine-growing valley. Traverse the rolling landscapes of the Cape Winelands and Overberg with photo opportunities at every turn, ending at the coast in charming Hermanus.
Sizzled Summer Music Festival Date: Monday 26 December 2022 Venue: Castle of Good Hope Tickets: https://bit.ly/3z7VkzG Age: No Under 21 Sizzled is the Mother City’s No.1 summer music & food festival. Spanning for over 9 years, This summer festival features […]
Welcome to Cape Town, a vibrant city known for its diverse culinary scene and rich cultural heritage. For Muslim visitors and those seeking Halaal dining experiences, Cape Town offers a plethora of options to tantalize the taste buds and satisfy the soul. From traditional Cape Malay cuisine to modern interpretations of global flavors, Halaal and Muslim-owned restaurants in Cape Town showcase the city’s culinary diversity and hospitality.